Monday 4 May 2015

What Should I Be Doing Now?

I will turn twenty five in September and there is a question I sometimes consider; am I where I want to be in life? I am not where I thought I would be, I'm not a successful, highly paid, manicured, sharp suited  businesswoman working in a city. But things change, people change, I changed. Yes I would like to earn a decent amount of money, an amount that would allow me to support myself and to live a comfortable life but I would also like my work to mean something.

Wanting my work to mean something was the main reason for my change in career from shipping to social care at the age of twenty. A career that has been built upon year by year through paid and voluntary work experience as well as academically through my YMCA diploma and the last three years at university.

The last five years have been about working towards my 'end game'. If I am lucky enough to reach it it won't be for another few years. At the moment I want to focus on my new job, the one I will hopefully begin properly when I qualify in July, and focus on me a little bit more.

Focusing on myself to me is about finding out what my interests are outside of work and being healthy, physically and mentally. I want to exercise more and enjoy it, try yoga, meditation and mindfulness for longer than a week. I want to find inspiration to write and take photographs. Most importantly I want to continue to build my self confidence and my sense of independence.

Continuing or kicking off my challenge with myself I have booked a two week solo road trip after the submission of my final university assignment.

it is in me....stop depending on others, be independent so that you know weather or not something is going to happen
Image from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment