Sunday 15 May 2016

A Reverse Bucket List

Pinterest
Lately, I have spent a lot of time thinking ahead, I like a plan to know what I am working towards. In a strange way that helps me to feel like I am not drifting or wasting time. Since finishing my degree and graduating I can't picture what's next. I can't figure out what my next goal is, what I want to work towards. I keep looking at my 30 Before 30 list and have many more things to tick off, however, I still feel like that's not enough. So instead I am going to try a reverse bucket list, a list of things I have done, a list of accomplishments. I first read about this idea on Boho Berry's blog and realised that I don't look back and value what I've achieved enough.

'Funny how quick we are to write off what we've done in the past and only focus on all the things we want for the future.'

So here's my reverse bucket list

1. May not have hung out with the cool kids at high school but threw some great parties with great friends

2. Left high school with good GCSE grades (this year it will be 10 years since my high school prom!)

3. Have been lucky enough to have been offered most jobs that I have interviewed for

4. Had some great experiences through volunteering

5. Travelled in England and Europe alone as well as with friends and family (many more places I have yet to visit)

6. Been on 3 girls holidays

7. Went on a solo road trip along the South Coast of England

8. Swam with dolphins

9. Seen live music at festivals and smaller venues

10. Bought a house (which I will have lived in for 5 years already in July)

11. Lived independently for almost 5 years

12. I have two cats (managed to keep them alive for 5 years also)

13. Graduated university

14. Completed a 5k Park Run

15. Jumped out of a plane

16. Got tattooed

17. Been asked to be a Bridesmaid (twice!)

18. Taken meaningful photos for two good friends

19. Able to afford a car I love

20. Pieces I've written for a local newspaper have been published online

What would be on your reverse bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment