Sunday 4 October 2015

Autumn

I have seen quite a lot of posts about the arrival of Autumn. There is something I love about each of the seasons however, I do not think any are as pretty as this one. I often visit people as part of my job and to get to many of them I drive along roads that wind in and around a forest. This time of year the leaves on the trees are turning, or have turned, from green to the beautiful warm colours of a burning fire, yellows, oranges and reds. 


Other signs that Autumn has arrived 

The duvet is back on my bed and the blankets that are thrown over the arms of my sofa have been used to snuggle up in 


Candles are lit quite often in my house but I love darker evenings when you can see their glow 

There is now a Starbucks in my local cinema, I went with a friend Friday nigh to see Miss You Already (so sad!) and love the themed take away cups. 

I have been stocking up on pies and soups on my weekly food shops 



Other reasons I love Autumn 

Chunky scarves 

Thick, cosy jumpers 

Being able to hibernate in the evenings and weekends 

Firework displays 


I can continue to enjoy flavoured coffee, do I risk trying the Spiced Pumpkin latte? I don't want to purchase a coffee and then be disappointed because I don't like it. 

I have also decided to start a new diy project, re-decorating my stairs and landing. The time of year means that it isn't too hot and not too cold to make some changes. Yesterday I ripped up my old carpet and now have to sand the wooden floor and hopefully re-paint it. 

Images from Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment